Great Outdoors and In enjoy an excellent reputation in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire for our specialist roof cleaning and coating services, for both Domestic and Commercial roofs. Great Outdoors and In have been providing a roof cleaning/coating service since 2002, to date we have cleaned over 600 Domestic and Commercial roofs!
Our process for roof cleaning is as follows:-
- Cover and protect non treatment roof areas with tarpaulins
- Block main guttering down pipes
- Pressure wash roof using fall restraint system for safety (Removing moss, lichen, algae, fungi, dirt and other pollutants from the roof tiles)
- During the cleaning process the water is continuously collected via our vacuum system, filtered and recycled for further use saving on our water usage
- Replace all missing, broken or damaged tiles, re-point / re-bed tiles if required
- Clean guttering, soffits, fascias and conservatory's (If present!)
- Unblock downpipes
- Apply Fungicidal Wash to eliminate any remaining moss spores (invisible to the naked eye)
- Remove tarpaulins and waste, wash down hard surfaces
- Window clean using our portable 'Reach and Wash' system (utilises pure water)
- Option to re-colour tiles or protect using a clear coating. Roof coatings carry a manufactures 10 year guarantee, with life expectancy in excess of 15 years. At the quotation stage we can show you coating samples, explain the benefits and supply addresses of completed local projects
- Option to install Hedgehog Gutter Brush into guttering!
- Finally remove all waste from site as required by law we are licensed Waste Carriers.
Great Outdoors and In's approach is thorough and using environmentally friendly 'controlled' pressure washing we can remove moss, lichen, algae fungi, dirt and other pollutants from the roof tiles. The finished result will reduce long term maintenance and prolong the life of your roof. Why pay out to re-tile a roof, when, very often, a professional roof clean can improve both, the appearance and performance of your roof.
While cleaning roofs especially on domestic properties it is not always possible to work from articulated booms, due to site access and the weight of the machines. Great Outdoors and In uses the latest fall restraint system for Health and Safety.
The operator wears a safety harness attached to a positioning rope and a separate fall arrest rope, both of which are attached to a suitable ground anchorage point. In recognition of the use of this process Great Outdoors and In has achieved SAFEcontractor accreditation. In simple terms, this provides the operator the maximum protection while cleaning the roof tiles, as it protects the operator in the event of a fall.
Not only do will implement essential safe working practices while cleaning roofs, we have also introduced Water Recycling making the system environmentally friendly Click here for more information!
Great Outdoors and In carry out free onsite quotations, including a risk assessment. This allows us to inspect the property plus it allows the property owner to meet us in person.
For our latest videos, please click HERE
Full Method statements and Risk assessments can be provided. All of our operators are all fully insured and highly experienced in the use of the equipment and materials they work with.
For more details on our accreditations, licences and proficiencies in competent areas click here.